Always use the official Money Mailer InDesign templates to ensure the best possible final printed product.
12-page booklet ads should be designed horizontally. All pages should be created "right-reading" meaning you should not have to turn your head to read the copy.
All booklet pages are full bleed with a required 0.125" bleed, 0.25" left/right safety margin, and 0.375" top/bottom safety margin. The extra 0.125" bleed area will be removed when the booklet is trimmed to it's final size. This allows the ad image to go all the way to the edge of the paper with no white border. Important text and logos should not be placed within the safety margins. The safety margin ensures that all critical ad elements will be visible even if there are variations in the trimming process. To see these guidelines on the Indesign template select "Show Guides" under the View > Grids & Guides submenu.
- Money Mailer Encore branding on the front cover booklet templates is optional.
- Front cover safety margins are 0.25" left/right/top/bottom.
- Back cover will have a barcode and Money Mailer production codes in the lower right hand corner. Avoid placing important information outside of or near the bottom 0.375" safety area.
- Safety margins on the inside pages are 0.375" due to the glued construction of the booklet product. Items placed outside of the safety margins risk being obscured or less visible on glued pages.
- All artwork must be built using CMYK process color types (spot color types are not supported and should be converted to process).
- Type smaller than 6 points is not recommended due to legibility with online content.
- Do not use the registration color (rich black) under any circumstances. These colors may look black on your display, but contain additional colors and will not print as expected.
- All non-original artwork such as photographs, logos, etc. must be licensed with legal permission for use. This may be in the form of a photo CD or online subscription license agreement, or model/property/image release form (available on the InfoCenter.) Proof of legal permission may be required at any time.
- PDF file names must be 64 characters or less in length.
- PDF file names must end with the ".pdf" extension (not case sensitive).
- E a c h P D F f i l e m u s t i n c l u d e a 2 - d i g i t p a g e n u m b e r