Always use the official Money Mailer InDesign templates to ensure the best possible final printed product.
Please note that all national template document setup sizes are larger than the final printed size. Ads will be reduced when printed to match the finished sizes shown on our spec sheets.
Ads inserted into the Money Mailer envelope may be horizontal or vertical. You should use the appropriate template version for the desired orientation. Do not design a vertical ad on a horizontal template. All ads should be created "right-reading" meaning you should not have to turn your head to read the copy.
All of our national insert ads have a required white margin around the outside of the ad image. To see the pink margin guidelines on the Indesign template select "Show Guides" under the View > Grids & Guides submenu.
- All artwork must be built using CMYK process color types (spot color types are not supported and should be converted to process).
- Type smaller than 6 points is not recommended due to legibility with online content.
- Do not use the registration color (rich black) under any circumstances. These colors may look black on your display, but contain additional colors and will not print as expected.
- All non-original artwork such as photographs, logos, etc. must be licensed with legal permission for use. This may be in the form of a photo CD or online subscription license agreement, or model/property/image release form (available on the InfoCenter.) Proof of legal permission may be required at any time.
- File names should match the business name being advertised. Please do not name the files "Money Mailer" or anything else that is not related to the artwork.
- If you are supplying artwork for a variety of different products, please include the product type in the file name as well.
- If there are multiple versions of the art, please include identifying information in the file name to distinguish each version. For example, if the versions all have unique tracking phone numbers add those to the file name to ensure the versions are easily identified and will print in the correct zones.
- Include side indicators in the file names to identify which art should go on the front and back sides. F and B are most commonly used.
- F = Frontside artwork
- B = Backside artwork
- File naming formula: BusinessName + Product + VersionCode + SideIndicator. The following are examples of good file names.
- BusinessName Insert 555-1234 F.pdf
- BusinessName Insert 555-1234 B.pdf
- BusinessName Insert 555-4321 F.pdf
- BusinessName Insert 555-4321 B.pdf
- BusinessName Magazine Test.pdf
- BusinessName Magazine Control.pdf
PDF files should be created with the official MM National PDF Export Setting for this workflow. Instructions for installing the preset are included in the download file.
PDF files may not be edited. If a change is needed, edit the native file, and then export a new PDF file.
PDF files may not be greater than 10 MB in size. Exceeding this limit is usually the result of poorly built or corrupt artwork, and may give unexpected results. Overly large PDFs can often be simplified by rasterizing complex vector components of the art.
Submitting Final Art
Final PDF files and native art should be sent directly to your national accounts representative. Please contact them for specific details.